6 Language Translations Here
These days, housing discrimination is usually subtler than a slammed door or rude statement. Unsuspecting house or apartment seekers may be politely turned away from the home of their choice, even though they are qualified to live there.
If you’ve heard remarks such as these or other discouraging comments while looking for a place to live, you may have experienced housing discrimination:
- We don’t rent to more than two people for a two-bedroom apartment.
- We don’t rent to people who don’t have a job, even if you get disability benefits.
- I’m sorry, but I can’t work with your translator.
- We don’t rent to families; most people in this building are older.”
- You can’t build a ramp for access to the building. It won’t look good.
- This is a Christian community. You might not feel comfortable here.
- We just rented the apartment.ť But the unit still is available the next day.